Have the wedding
of your dreams...

Legal Papers for Australian Citizens and Citizens of other countries

Legal Papers for Australian Citizens and Citizens of other countries for  civil wedding in Greece

1.Copies of bride and groom's passports.
2.Bride and groom's full birth certificates (shorter versions are not acceptable). These copies must be validated within six months of the wedding date. Greek translations are required.
3.A Letter of Single Status / Letter of No Impediment to Marriage must be provided for both the bride and groom. This document confirms that you have never been married and are free to marry. It can be obtained from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and must be issued within three months of the wedding date. Greek translations are required.
4.A Marriage License (one for the couple) is required or No Records Result  for both. It can be obtained from your local  Town Hall / Registrar’s Office / Statistics Office, and  must be issued within three months of the wedding date. Greek  translations are  required.
5.Divorce Certificate(s) / Decree(s), for divorced parties. Certified copies of each divorce is required, as are Greek translations.
6.Deed poll / name change / adoption papers are required for each party (if applicable) in certified copies. Greek translations are required.
7.An Apostille Stamp is the seal of relevant  the State / Country / Commonwealth office in accordance to the Hague Convention; it allows the stamped document to be used officially in a foreign country. This stamp refers to the relevant legislation and indicates the validity of the document for international use. All above-mentioned documents must be stamped with an apostille stamp.

For  more information on  how to obtain apostille stamps please visit  http://smarttraveller.gov.au/authen.html

8.All of the above documents (with the exception of passport copies), and including their apostille stamps, must be provided  in Greek translation and certified by the Greek Embassy / Consulate  in your country.
9.Official translations can be prepared at your local Greek Embassy or consulate. If this is not possible, you can sent your documents  to us via mail, fax or courier  service, and we will  arrange for them to be translated for you. The fee for this service depends on the number of pages to be translated. (please ask for more details)

All documants must have an apostille stamp otherwise are not valid

All documents must be sent six weeks prior to your wedding in Greece, to allow us to confirm that all paperwork is in order.

Also you must remain in Greece for at least one  business day after your wedding, as you will need to sign your Marriage Certificate at the local town hall.

Two weeks after the ceremony, you will receive an officially signed Marriage Certificate in Greek. Please contact your local authority and ask what they require in order to accept a Greek Marriage License as binding  (for example translation into your language, apostille stamp, or other action in accordance with legislation).


Choose your wedding


Get Social with us


Meet Greece

Meet Greece

Wedding Packages in Greece

Wedding Packages in Greece

Special Services

Special Services